Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mmm. Cake

In honor of Father's Day, I decided to make this Chocolate-banana cake with Walnuts.





I haven't had a chance to taste-test it yet because I made it so late in the evening and I just wasn't in the mood for sweets (gasp! Shocker! I know!). I'm usually not a big cake baker, I'm more of a cupcakes and cookies type of gal, so it should be interesting to see how my family (and my dad's coworkers) responds to the cake.

I did, however, taste test the frosting. It is pretty darn delicious, if I do say so myself...and far more different than many other frostings that I have made. Instead of using both a saucepan and a mixer and a million tons of butter, all that was needed was a saucepan and a few simple ingredients; the butter was stirred in only after the bulk of the frosting was produced.

My only complaint about baking the cake was the actual mixing of the batter and probably an issue on my part, not the recipes: I really should have used an electric mixer to stir everything together because the mashed bananas, no matter how much I stirred or smooshed, just would not get completely clumpless.

I'm crossing my fingers that the case is at least edible!

No comments: